Thursday, June 27, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Thursday, June 27 - Devotion 29 - Prayer Brings Us in Relationship with God - Michael White

Prayer Brings Us in Relationship with God


How many times has it been said about relationships: Communication is the key. So why would our relationship with God be any different?  I wonder if we really understand the commune that we have with the Creator.  The union that Jesus Himself prayed for in John 17:20-24.  “I do not ask for these only, (the disciples), but also for those who will believe in Me through their word, that they may all be one, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in you, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me.  The glory that You have given Me, I have given to them, that they may be one even as We are one, I in them and You in Me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me. “

Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I have clearly wrapped my mind around the Trinity: God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Three persons in one, and now Jesus has invited us, asking God, into this same relationship.  Absolute intimacy.

So how would I get from a casual hello on the street to an intimate relationship?  Spending time with that person.  Listening, talking, and getting to know their character, likes, and dislikes.  I challenge you to tap into the relationship with God that’s available to you through Jesus Christ.  Read your Bible and Pray

No comments:

Post a Comment