Thursday, June 6, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Thursday, June 6 - Devotion 14 - Even if our God does not ...

Even if our God does not ...

Read Daniel 3

What if we pray and God does not deliver? Can we still proclaim that we will not bow a knee to any other god? What if God is silent in our request for deliverance? Can we still proclaim that we will not bow a knee to any other god? What if God answers as He did to Paul when Paul asked for the thorn, a tormentor from Satan,  to be removed from him? What if we just hear the words as in 2 Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Can we still proclaim, WE WILL NOT BOW A KNEE?

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were such servants of God.  They had one desire... faithfulness to their God.  We often pray in faith, with faith, and because of faith; but do we persevere with faith?  I loved Ben and Scott's devotions on faith and prayer these last couple of days.  They were both describing what praying and not persevering in faith looks like. Do we have a plan B in case God doesn't show up? - Scott. Do we try to solve the problem ourselves? - Ben.  If I am honest in my assessment of my own prayer life, I so often fall short of persevering in faith when I pray.  I often become impatient and eager to make things happen.  When I do, this never turns out good. What if we truly waited on the Lord? 

Consider
Recall in Daniel 3 what happened with these three faithful servants of God.
1. They were accurately accused of not worshiping an image
2. They refused to bow a knee
3. The temperature of the fire was raised even more
4. They were thrown into the fire
5. God showed up in the fire
6. God was glorified

Apply
Is our desire for God's glory greater than our desire for self? When you pray today ask God to search your heart and reveal anything in your life that takes the place of God's glory.

In Christ, Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment